Senior Backend Developer
Build awesome web applications with us.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) - 80% to 100%.
About this position
Our backend developers work in close proximity with the frontend developers to facilitate the seamless connection and integration of client applications.
Collaboration with our clients, partners and internal business requirements are all essential parts of your day-to-day work to create exactly the product and business logic that is required.
As this is a senior position we expect you to take the lead within a project’s backend development team and handle both the responsibility for your own work and for the work of others in your team. In addition to that, you should be able to present your work in front of our clients and partners in English and German.
We are currently focusing on API Platform and the Symfony framework for the development of our APIs as well as on Node.js for serverless functions and automation. Your work will not be limited to these technologies as we also create apps and websites which use standard Symfony, custom Node.js APIs and CMS systems on top of Symfony (Drupal).
You should have basic knowledge of web application development outside of the direct backend development field like unit testing, integration testing, e2e testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, local development setups, data and api modelling, strict types, SCRUM, kanban, infrastructure setup, git and frontend development.
Requirements for this position
- At least 20% (one day a week) availability on-site in Basel, Switzerland
- Proficiency in spoken and written German and English
- At least three years of experience in the field of web development including working and collaborating in and with larger internal and external teams
- Swiss work permit
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- You really like web development and enjoy working with the latest technologies.
- You know how to narrow down requirements to the original problem and are able to provide solution possibilities with pros and cons.
- You intuitively know when a quick solution is feasible and when not.
- You have a strong sense for quality and maintainability, but also know when it’s not feasible to apply your own quality claims.
- You enjoy coaching juniors and trainees.
- You are persistent regarding testing your code and apis.
- You like to work and align as a team, but solo tasks and small side projects are also okay.
If you are interested in this opportunity click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Who is WONDROUS?
WONDROUS is a leading digital agency in Basel, Switzerland. They say home is where the heart is. Our hearts beat for WONDROUS and our unique city.
Why you should join us?
- Culture: We celebrate team culture and believe that personal development is as important as professional development.
- Paternal leave: we offer an extra 10 days on top of the 10 the Swiss government recently made legal.
- Team Events: We organise company & friends events / after-work drinks and team excursions.
- Community: In 2017 we initiated the beloved #dxmeetup Basel - and more recently the DX Podcast - both of which we’re quite proud of.
- Activities: .. we have plenty of ways to let off steam! Table tennis, lunch runs, gravel rides, working out at our neighbouring gym or our weekly football session.
- Food & Beverages: weekly team lunch, free coffee, tea, fruit and ice cream.
- Location: You can work from home or remotely - part-time work is possible. Our beautiful office is located very centrally in Basel - right next to the main train station.
We’d love to meet you if you feel this could be you.
We work on our projects with passion and dedication. Our customers are not our employers but our partners. We enjoy easy to use, beautiful and high-performance digital products. It's not just about having done a good job, but also about having fun at what we do together - becoming a little bit better every day.
Are you in?
Join our team
Head of People
Phone: 078 261 36 76